Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pass the Salta

Salta was GREAT!! I really loved it. I´m bummed I cant post pictures for you guys, but i will soon, i promise! The long cold bus ride to Salta was not nearly as fun as the one to Mendoza. Though we were sitting in front, with the best view, I was definitely blowing my gross germs onto the guy next to me. Oh well. We got to Salta in the afternoon... It was clean and beautiful, gorgeous old buildings, and amazing churches. And by amazing, I mean one is pink and cream, another is blue, and another is marroon and yellow. Awesome. We visited an archeological museum where they definitely had a mummified Inca girl who was found by diggers in the sacred mountains of the Andes. She had been sacrificed to the gods. And now she´s in the museum. It was creepy but interesting. After we had our mate session in the hostel, team P, Austin and Damien went on the hunt for some warm locro and folklorico music. We hit the jackpot at this one place featuring Los Changos de Salta. Or something like that. Damien definitely got his dance on with one of the ladies, awesome. After that we checked out another live music venue. It´s such a nice change to hear different music in this part of the country. The next day we took a little gondola ride to the top of the mountain, and hiked back down. This is where I took the best picture ever. I cant show it now, but I will. Get excited for it. Hint: Jesus loves me. After that, I bought some Inca legwarmers and headed for the bus to Humahuaca-- located in the amazing Quebrada de Humahuaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment