Sunday, June 7, 2009

El Diez Lives - Argentina v. Colombia




I went to the Argentina v. Colombia futbol world cup qualifiers game last night. How cool is that. The stadium was way packed. The highlight was seeing "El Diez"/"El Pibe"/"El Golden Boy"/"Dios" Mr. Diego Maradona #10. He is the most famoso of any futbol player, and is absolutely worshipped here. He scored 2 goals in the quarterfinal against England... in 1986. I love it. I love that he still has the same mullet. He is now the coach for Argentina national team. Awesome! I have to say though, the Colombians had way more energy and songs than the Argies, I kind of wanted to hang out and light fireworks with them. Argentina wins 1-0! AR-GEN-TINA!

1 comment:

  1. td,
    el diez was you, and your experiencia que solo pasa una vez en la vida!
    welcome home piba...
    ca-li-for-nia!!!

    ReplyDelete